Applicant must be skilled at creating flattering hair styles AND applying beautiful makeup that suits our brand.
*Strong hair skills a must, however we are willing to train the right individual in makeup application if needed.
In addition, applicant should:
• Value professional growth. Be invested in learning new techniques to improve skills, including a current Cosmetology license (in MN).
• Work efficiently; Style hair and makeup within time provided (usually 1 hour per subject).
• Provide hair and makeup services for 1-3 subjects; may include multiple looks changes.
• Bring a range of hair and makeup tools and products to every shoot/may consider using product the studio has, also.
• Hold self to high professional standards; including:
– Arriving dressed and styled in a professional manner that reflects our portrait business.
– Always be punctual.
– Refrain from phone use throughout scheduled time.
– Always use well-maintained, sanitized products and tools.
– Be professional, kind and respectful in words and actions.
• Make sure client is comfortable and happy throughout session.
• Be able to receive critiques graciously either from the client or photographer.
• Support our brand’s mission of empowering our clients by helping them look and feel beautiful.
Applicants should generally be available on some or all of the following days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays.
*Preferably, 1-2 of those days will be committed every week to the studio, especially if you work at a retail salon, as well.
You will typically be scheduled from 9am-11am (Basic Session: 1 subject, 1 look) or from 9-2pm (“Girls Day Out” Session: 1-4 subjects with multiple looks changes.)
Afternoon appointments are sometimes scheduled during the summer months.
Expect to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled session.
Pay is negotiable AND competitive, mainly depending on if you provide your own tools, or use ours, and if training is needed. If interested in the position, please provide your requested fee for each of the two session types: Basic and Girls Day Out.
Hair and makeup artists may also be given the option to take on assistant role throughout the shoot.
We make every effort to create a relaxing, fun environment for our clients and our team. We recognize quality work and show our gratitude for a job well done. We are happy to provide you with a high-quality digital image from each session for use in your portfolio. We share the love by tagging you in social media posts and occasionally linking to your brand’s web page in our blog posts. On longer session days, we provide a catered, lunch for all team members plus our clients.
To inquire about this position, please contact Amanda via email :